- This week David Adjaye unveiled an upside-down skyscraperby Tom Ravenscroft on October 23, 2021 at 5:00 AM
This week on Dezeen, Adjaye Associates proposed a supertall skyscraper in New York that has a series of cantilevers to give it a dramatic, inverted appearance. Adjaye Associates, which is led by architect David Adjaye, designed the 1,663-feet-tall (498-metre) skyscraper for a vacant plot in New York State in response to an open Request for Proposals from the state government. In other tall The post This week David Adjaye unveiled an upside-down skyscraper appeared first on Dezeen.
- Sloped walls form Canyon Drive housing complex by LOHA in Los Angelesby Jenna McKnight on October 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM
American firm LOHA has completed a row of sculptural, metal-clad homes in Los Angeles that is meant to explore possibilities for the "small lot subdivision typology". The Canyon Drive project is located near Hollywood, just south of Beachwood Canyon. Totalling 10,000 square feet (929 square metres), the housing development consists of five, three-story units on The post Sloped walls form Canyon Drive housing complex by LOHA in Los Angeles appeared first on Dezeen.
- Ole Scheeren's Fifteen Fifteen skyscraper in Vancouver moves forwardby Dan Howarth on October 22, 2021 at 6:30 PM
Büro Ole Scheeren's residential Fifteen Fifteen skyscraper in Vancouver, which will have a distinctive form with numerous stacked boxy volumes, has taken a step closer to reality as apartment pre-sales begin. Sales will open in November 2021 for apartments in the proposed 42-storey Fifteen Fifteen residential tower at 1515 Alberni Street in the Coal Harbour neighbourhood. Developers Bosa Properties and The post Ole Scheeren's Fifteen Fifteen skyscraper in Vancouver moves forward appeared first on Dezeen.
- Bath Spa University spotlights 11 student design projectsby Dezeen staff on October 22, 2021 at 4:25 PM
An animation where magical characters travel through valleys collecting treasure and a naturally-dyed kimono project are included in Dezeen's latest school show by students at Bath Spa University. Also included is a textile project based on the colours of India and a range of 100 per cent traceable knitwear accessories and garments. Bath Spa University The post Bath Spa University spotlights 11 student design projects appeared first on Dezeen.
- Watch The World Around In Focus: Land live talksby Benedict Hobson on October 22, 2021 at 3:30 PM
Environmental social scientist Holly Jean Buck and MASS Design Group principal Joseph Kunkel are among the speakers participating in The World Around In Focus: Land, an afternoon of talks exploring contemporary post-colonial land-use issues. Watch live from 1:00pm New York time. The free online public programme is the latest event by The World Around – a The post Watch The World Around In Focus: Land live talks appeared first on Dezeen.
- LETI publishes Climate Emergency Retrofit Guide to support net-zero targetby Nat Barker on October 22, 2021 at 3:20 PM
The London Energy Transformation Initiative has published a report that sets out a blueprint for retrofitting UK homes in order to meet national climate change targets. Launched by the London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI) with the help of more than 100 leading architects, engineers and building experts, the Climate Emergency Retrofit Guide is intended to set The post LETI publishes Climate Emergency Retrofit Guide to support net-zero target appeared first on Dezeen.
- Garden added to Fiat's Lingotto building rooftop test trackby James Parkes on October 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM
Italian architect Benedetto Camerana and landscape designer Torino Stratosferica have created a rooftop garden called La Pista 500 with over 40,000 plants around an electric vehicle test track on the roof of the Fiat's iconic former car factory. The public garden is located on top of the Lingotto building in Turin, a former Fiat manufacturing plant that was converted The post Garden added to Fiat's Lingotto building rooftop test track appeared first on Dezeen.
- Build: Architecture 2021 online event to explore frontiers of real-time 3D renderingby Dezeen staff on October 22, 2021 at 2:00 PM
Dezeen promotion: Zaha Hadid Architects, BIG, HOK and Foster + Partners are among the architectural practices giving presentations at Build: Architecture 2021, an event exploring innovative uses of real-time rendering. Build: Architecture 2021 is a two-hour showcase of projects that will launch on 2 November 2021, demonstrating how some of the world's leading architecture firms The post Build: Architecture 2021 online event to explore frontiers of real-time 3D rendering appeared first on Dezeen.
- Remi Connolly-Taylor creates her own glass brick-walled London homeby Tom Ravenscroft on October 22, 2021 at 10:30 AM
Designer Remi Connolly-Taylor has designed Maryland House in London, which features a glass brick enclosed staircase, as her own home and studio. Set at the end of a row of terraced houses in east London, the brick house was designed as a home that has a dedicated workspace for Connolly-Taylor, who is the founder of London The post Remi Connolly-Taylor creates her own glass brick-walled London home appeared first on Dezeen.
- Buildings could "definitely" be made exclusively from plant-based products says biomaterials CEOby Amy Frearson on October 22, 2021 at 10:27 AM
Architects could soon be designing homes and other buildings using nothing but biomaterials, according to Biobased Creations CEO Lucas De Man. De Man believes that natural products such as timber, hemp, straw and mycelium could completely replace polluting, non-renewable materials such as steel, plasterboard and cement. Buildings "definitely could be" made exclusively from plant-based products The post Buildings could "definitely" be made exclusively from plant-based products says biomaterials CEO appeared first on Dezeen.
- Building and Construction
- Building Material
- Download Lists
- Furniture Design
- Green Building
- Historical Buildings
- Home & Commercial Appliances
- Home Improvement
- Interior & Furniture Designers
- Interior Design
- Interior Design & Decorating
- Interior Design Decorating Books
- Islamic Architecture
- Modern Architecture
- News Updates
- Real Estate
- Retail Shopping