- Studio Dlux brightens up Rio de Janeiro office for Grupo Editorial Recordby Jenna McKnight on July 23, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Plywood furniture and vibrant colours feature in the headquarters for one of Brazil's major publishers, which has been overhauled by architecture office Studio Dlux. The studio renovated the 595-square-metre office for Grupo Editorial Record, which is spread across several floors in a 1980s block in the São Cristóvão neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro. Local firm Studio Dlux The post Studio Dlux brightens up Rio de Janeiro office for Grupo Editorial Record appeared first on Dezeen.
- "Great design isn't enough. We need homes that will get us to net-zero"by Geraldine de Boisse on July 23, 2021 at 2:42 PM
To reduce carbon emissions, architects and designers need to change the way they design homes, writes Geraldine de Boisse, vice president of innovation at renewable-energy supplier Bulb. The way we live and work has changed. While we might not know exactly what normal looks like anymore, we know we need to act now to tackle The post "Great design isn't enough. We need homes that will get us to net-zero" appeared first on Dezeen.
- Therme Art's Venice panel discussion explores how creatives can be environmental activistsby Dezeen staff on July 23, 2021 at 2:12 PM
Dezeen promotion: Maja Hoffman, Sissel Tolaas and Joseph Grima were some of the creative minds who gathered in Venice last month to take part in a two-part panel discussion hosted by Therme Art. Held during the Venice Architecture Biennale, the discussions took place as part of Therme Art's Wellbeing Culture Forum – a programme that The post Therme Art's Venice panel discussion explores how creatives can be environmental activists appeared first on Dezeen.
- Vieques Outdoor bathroom collection by Patricia Urquiola for Agapeby Dezeen staff on July 23, 2021 at 12:00 PM
Dezeen Showroom: Patricia Urquiola has created the Vieques Outdoor bathroom collection for Agape based on her designs for a Caribbean spa resort. The centrepiece of the Vieques Outdoor collection is a stainless steel bathtub, which Urquiola originally created as part of her interior design for the W Retreat Spa on the island of Vieques. The The post Vieques Outdoor bathroom collection by Patricia Urquiola for Agape appeared first on Dezeen.
- ASKA draws on Wes Anderson films for pastel-coloured Cafe Banacado designby Cajsa Carlson on July 23, 2021 at 10:30 AM
Swedish architecture studio ASKA has created a pale-yellow interior informed by Wes Anderson movies and the aesthetics of Cuba for Stockholm restaurant Cafe Banacado. The all-day breakfast cafe has a colour palette of muted yellows, brown and cream hues, deliberately chosen to evoke the sun-drenched bars and cafes in more southern climates. The cafe's painted The post ASKA draws on Wes Anderson films for pastel-coloured Cafe Banacado design appeared first on Dezeen.
- Ten Tokyo 2020 Olympics designs that help the games move "towards zero carbon"by Alice Finney on July 23, 2021 at 10:28 AM
From beds made out of recycled cardboard to podiums made of donated plastic, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics are aiming to be the greenest games yet. The organisers of the Olympics are aiming to create a "minimal impact Games", through a series of steps outlined in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games Sustainability Plan. The majority of venues The post Ten Tokyo 2020 Olympics designs that help the games move "towards zero carbon" appeared first on Dezeen.
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics accused of "superficial" sustainability effortsby Jennifer Hahn on July 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics opens today amid claims that its promise to be the greenest games ever are "greenwashing". Instead, it is the third-least sustainable Olympics since 1992, according to a new study. This year's event marks the first Olympics to be carbon neutral and to run entirely on renewable energy, according to its organisers. The post Tokyo 2020 Olympics accused of "superficial" sustainability efforts appeared first on Dezeen.
- Marcel Wanders Studio's designs for Moooi "tap into the irrational side of the brain" says Gabriele Chiaveby Calum Lindsay on July 23, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Gabriele Chiave discusses the new light and sofa system that Marcel Wanders Studio has created for Moooi in our latest Design Dreams video for the Dutch furniture brand. Chiave is creative director at the eponymous studio of Dutch designer Marcel Wanders, who is also one of the co-founders of Moooi. Under Chiave and Wanders' leadership, The post Marcel Wanders Studio's designs for Moooi "tap into the irrational side of the brain" says Gabriele Chiave appeared first on Dezeen.
- Digital twins will act as "foundations of the metaverse" and allow people to move between real and virtual spacesby Amy Frearson on July 23, 2021 at 9:28 AM
Digital replicas of buildings and cities will one day link together to form a parallel world where people work, play and socialise, according to David Weir-McCall of gaming company Epic Games. Weir-McCall has predicted that the fast-growing phenomenon of digital twins will merge with the metaverse, an evolving network of digital spaces that includes video-game The post Digital twins will act as "foundations of the metaverse" and allow people to move between real and virtual spaces appeared first on Dezeen.
- Olympic Village Plaza built using 40,000 pieces of donated Japanese timberby James Parkes on July 23, 2021 at 9:09 AM
Tokyo studio Nikken Sekkei has designed a timber communal building at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games' athletes village, which was built using 40,000 pieces of Japanese wood. The temporary structure, which will serve as the central meeting place for athletes within the Olympic Village, contains a cafe, bank, medical spaces, lounges, hair salons, retail spaces and a The post Olympic Village Plaza built using 40,000 pieces of donated Japanese timber appeared first on Dezeen.
- Building and Construction
- Building Material
- Furniture Design
- Green Building
- Historical Buildings
- Home & Commercial Appliances
- Home Improvement
- Interior & Furniture Designers
- Interior Design
- Interior Design & Decorating
- Interior Design Decorating Books
- Islamic Architecture
- Modern Architecture
- News Updates
- Real Estate
- Retail Shopping