- Hastings Architecture converts 1960s Nashville library into its own headquartersby Jenna McKnight on August 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM
Tall, arched windows and marble cladding feature in a mid-century building in Tennessee that has become the new home of American firm Hastings Architecture. Named after its address in downtown Nashville, 225 Polk Avenue, the project entailed the transformation of a 1965, modern-style building that was originally designed by architect Bruce Crabtree. For 35 years, the multi-level The post Hastings Architecture converts 1960s Nashville library into its own headquarters appeared first on Dezeen.
- Marble Arch Mound "will not be remembered fondly" says commenterby Frankie Entwistle on August 3, 2021 at 6:00 PM
In this week's comments update, readers are continuing to critique MVRDV's fake hill in central London after the firm admitted it opened too early. Visitors to the £2 million Marble Arch Mound attraction have been issued refunds after widespread criticism led to Westminster City Council suspending bookings. The studio told Dezeen the issues with the The post Marble Arch Mound "will not be remembered fondly" says commenter appeared first on Dezeen.
- 11 architecture projects from students at the University for the Creative Artsby Dezeen staff on August 3, 2021 at 5:00 PM
A self-funded art bank and a community building aiming to support local fishermen through Brexit are included in Dezeen's latest school show by students at the University of the Creative Arts. Also featured are a masonry school that aims to make use of stone as a low carbon material and a project that explores how brownfield land can The post 11 architecture projects from students at the University for the Creative Arts appeared first on Dezeen.
- Competition: win a $500 or $150 gift card from Grovemadeby Karen Anderson on August 3, 2021 at 2:40 PM
For our latest competition, we've teamed up with desk company Grovemade to offer readers the chance to win a $500 or $150 gift card to spend on their products. American brand Grovemade designs and makes desk accessories to help create the ideal workspace. One reader will win a $500 gift card and four readers will The post Competition: win a $500 or $150 gift card from Grovemade appeared first on Dezeen.
- Carlo Ratti Associati designs MAE Museum dedicated to carbon fibreby Rima Sabina Aouf on August 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM
Italian studio Carlo Ratti Associati and architect Italo Rota have designed a museum dedicated to carbon fibre, which will be partially made from the material. Created for carbon-fibre manufacturers MAE, the museum will feature objects from the company's 53-year history that show how the ultra-strong, lightweight material is used across the automotive, cycling and fashion The post Carlo Ratti Associati designs MAE Museum dedicated to carbon fibre appeared first on Dezeen.
- Digital twins will lead to "a huge revolution" for designers says Anne Asensio of Dassault Systèmesby Dezeen staff on August 3, 2021 at 1:00 PM
Dezeen promotion: architecture and design are about to be revolutionised by digital twins – virtual representations of real-world products, buildings and even entire cities – according to Anne Asensio, vice president of design experience at Dassault Systèmes. "We are at the very beginning of a huge change that may transform the way we design," said The post Digital twins will lead to "a huge revolution" for designers says Anne Asensio of Dassault Systèmes appeared first on Dezeen.
- Kengo Kuma designs sculptural metal-mesh curtain for Gaudí's Casa Batllóby Alyn Griffiths on August 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM
Kengo Kuma and Associates has used 164,000 metres of aluminium chains to create this curtain that references the organic forms found inside Barcelona's renovated Casa Batlló. The intervention by Japanese architect Kengo Kuma's studio is part of an extensive renovation of the house designed by the famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí in 1904. Casa Batlló The post Kengo Kuma designs sculptural metal-mesh curtain for Gaudí's Casa Batlló appeared first on Dezeen.
- Now You Know book aims to challenge racial inequality in architectureby Tom Ravenscroft on August 3, 2021 at 10:25 AM
Architecture discussion platform Sound Advice has gathered essays and interviews from 60 architects and urbanists of colour in a book to highlight racial inequality in architecture. Sound Advice founders Joseph Henry and Pooja Agrawal assembled the book, titled Now You Know, in the wake of the murder of George Floyd and the #BlackoutTuesday. The duo created The post Now You Know book aims to challenge racial inequality in architecture appeared first on Dezeen.
- Ten colourful basketball courts from around the worldby Alice Finney on August 3, 2021 at 9:15 AM
A blue chequered court in Mexico City, a multicoloured court in Paris and a 3D-printed basketball floor all feature in our roundup of colourful basketball courts. Ezelsplein in Aalst, Belgium, by Katrien Vanderlinden Belgian artist Katrien Vanderlinden painted a colourful mural informed by a children's game onto a basketball court in inner-city Aalst. Squares, rectangles, The post Ten colourful basketball courts from around the world appeared first on Dezeen.
- Hutchinson & Partners completes "modern and minimal" refurbishment of neoclassical Victoria Houseby Ali Morris on August 3, 2021 at 8:00 AM
Architecture studio Hutchinson & Partners employed a neutral palette of cream-coloured hues to complement the stonework of this 1920s office building in London, which was previously refurbished by British architect Will Alsop. Hutchinson & Partners' extensive refurbishment of the Victoria House was carried out by the London and Berlin-based firm for the workspace provider LABS, which acquired The post Hutchinson & Partners completes "modern and minimal" refurbishment of neoclassical Victoria House appeared first on Dezeen.
- Building and Construction
- Building Material
- Furniture Design
- Green Building
- Historical Buildings
- Home & Commercial Appliances
- Home Improvement
- Interior & Furniture Designers
- Interior Design
- Interior Design & Decorating
- Interior Design Decorating Books
- Islamic Architecture
- Modern Architecture
- News Updates
- Real Estate
- Retail Shopping