- 1402 Coffee Shop in Aranya / B.L.U.E. Architecture Studioby Yu Xin Li on August 3, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Situated on the main road to the coast near the west gate of the Aranya community, the 1402 project is a coffee shop built into an existing red brick architecture with a sloping roof. The architectural concept behind the renovation embraces the juxtaposition of the old and the new. The renovation includes two parts: the interior space and the outdoor seating space.
- Talacasto House / Estudio 2(A) DosArquitectasby Pilar Caballero on August 3, 2021 at 4:00 PM
The casa y quincho Talacasto is a suburban dwelling. As such, it is located loosely in the lot and arranged longitudinally, opening mainly to the north to receive the sun. The position of the volumes divides the lot, achieving two gardens of different qualities and uses.
- Ursa Tiny on Wheels House / Madeiguinchoby Valeria Silva on August 3, 2021 at 2:00 PM
As a team of architects, carpenters, and locksmiths, we all share the love for traveling on wheels in motorhomes or converted vans, either as a hobby or as a lifestyle.
- WR House / Sharon Weiser Architectureby Hana Abdel on August 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM
This is a story about a home and the family that lives in it. It's a story about eucalyptus that was planted here 50 years ago. A story about lightning and industrial structure and a desire to give the sense that the home was always present on the field. On a 400 sqm plot, a 320 sqm house was designed, 3 floors high. The house is built in an industrialized style that combines colored metal plates in black, which highlights the desire to create a temporary presence structure that respects the natural environment and the urban fabric.
- Colby College Harold Alfond Athletics and Recreation Center / Hopkins Architects + Sasakiby Pilar Caballero on August 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Hopkins Architects and Sasaki led the implementation of the Harold Alfond Athletics and Recreation Center at Colby College in Waterville, Maine. At approximately 350,000-square-feet the facility was the largest building project in Maine at the time of construction and puts the college at the forefront of Division III athletics and as a leader in athletics facility program, quality, and performance.
- Architecture With SIPs: Fast-Build, High-Performance Prefabricated Homesby José Tomás Franco on August 3, 2021 at 7:30 AM
SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels) are self-supporting panels composed of a rigid foam core that is located between two structural coverings, usually OSB boards. Resistant and lightweight, the panels are manufactured in a controlled manner in the factory and then transferred to the construction site, allowing for the rapid assembly of floors, walls, and ceilings, and generating a hermetic thermal and acoustic envelope. The thickness of the panel will correspond to the sum of the thickness of each of its components, and its weight should not exceed 20 kg per square meter.
- Abovedada House / Edward Rojas Arquitectosby Valeria Silva on August 3, 2021 at 7:00 AM
Abovedada house is located on a high-rise terrain with good sun and extraordinary views of the landscape. It is conceived as a set of very defined modules crowned with barrel vaults; those that house different functions.
- How Can Architecture Firms Learn to Adopt a Whole-Systems Approach to Business Planning?by Olivia Bartolini on August 3, 2021 at 6:45 AM
Business planning is similar to creating design iterations and drafting drawings before starting construction, in the sense that it is the blueprint for a firm's future success. Having a strategic plan provides a basis to evaluate what is happening in real-time against what was expected, make adjustments as necessary, and have a guide to help make better business decisions. Without a plan, how can you coordinate all of the elements and timing required to achieve the desired result? How can you navigate an unpredictable business environment? Let's review how the business plan with a whole-systems approach can guide us to successful results, as developed by Charrette Venture Group (CVG).
- Serena Confalonieri Transforms Abandoned Parking Lot in Milan into a Graphic Urban Playgroundby Dima Stouhi on August 3, 2021 at 6:30 AM
Designer and art director Serena Confalonieri, along with a team of students and volunteers have created “Quadra”, a graphic installation that is part of the initiative “Piazze Aperte” promoted by the Municipality of Milan. The urban intervention is a graphic art project in a former parking lot in the Quarto Oggiaro district that aims to enhance and characterize tactical urban interventions in all cities.
- Shandong Zhongguancun Pharmaceutical Science and Technology Industrial Park Phase II / Chinese and German Hang Architectural Designby Collin Chen on August 3, 2021 at 6:00 AM
Zhongguancun Leisure Complex in Weihai. Located in Yangting Town, south of Weihai City, Shandong Province, the project is phase II of Shandong Zhongguancun Pharmaceutical Science and Technology Industrial Park. The building covers an area of 4522 ㎡, while the landscape garden covers an area of 39478 ㎡. The design successfully presents a low-density leisure comprehensive center in the factory buildings of high-density Park, which provides humanistic leisure and entertainment place for the internal staff, so as to meet their needs of leisure and recuperation after daily work, and reduce the mental depression and injury brought by the mechanized work mode.
- Building and Construction
- Building Material
- Furniture Design
- Green Building
- Historical Buildings
- Home & Commercial Appliances
- Home Improvement
- Interior & Furniture Designers
- Interior Design
- Interior Design & Decorating
- Interior Design Decorating Books
- Islamic Architecture
- Modern Architecture
- News Updates
- Real Estate
- Retail Shopping